The Hydril Pressure Control GL annular has demonstrated its world-class dependability and quality for more than 30 years. Together with its long-life packing unit, the GL is designed to increase uptime by extending the intervals between packing unit changes and shop repairs. In addition:
- The Hydril Pressure Control packing unit for the GL is specially molded with two different styles of inserts to reduce closing volume and increase closing cycles when compared to Hydril Pressure Control GK® annulars.
- A replaceable wear plate eliminates metal-to-metal contact between the packing unit inserts and the BOP head.
- A long piston design provides complete balance, more reliable operation and ease of assembly.
- The GL features a latched head design.
- A bolted-in inner sleeve eliminates the need to stress-relieve if the sleeve is damaged in the field.
- The GL is available with off-the-shelf deliveries for minimal lead time.
|Bore Size (inches)||Working Pressures (psi)|
- Carbon steel, stainless steel, and Inconel® 625 are options for the ring grooves.
- SermaGuard coating on all internal surfaces.
- Packing units with nitrile or natural compounds.