The KFDJ diverter system is used on platforms and jackup rigs to protect against shallow gas kicks during drilling operations. In the event of a shallow gas kick, the diverter is energized to seal around the drill pipe and divert the gas safely overboard. VetcoGray's diverter systems have a reliable, easy to use design and long service life.
With the KFDJ diverter, the spacer spool and overshot packer assembly may be pulled or run without connecting or disconnecting the flowline, fill-up line and vent lines. Mudline suspension hangers and bit sizes up to 36.41" can be run without removing the diverter assembly. The diverter, spacer spool and overshot packer each fit through a 37-1/2" rotary table.
Product Characteristics & Benefits
- Fixed support housing securely bolted to rotary beams providing fixed outlets for flow-line, fill-up line and vent lines
- Full range of insert packer sizes
- Support housing allows installation of outlets up to 20" diameter
- Minimum bore through the standard support housing is 36-1/2" ID for the 37-1/2" in rotary installation
- Overshot packer on the bottom of the diverter spacer spool assembly reduces the nipple-up time