The KFDS diverter system is used on platforms and jackup rigs to protect against shallow gas kicks during drilling operations. In the event of a shallow gas kick, the diverter is energized to seal around the drill pipe and divert the gas safely overboard.
The diverter is made up of the diverter insert and the diverter support housing which is permanently attached to the rig floor. During emergencies, the diverter can close off around drill pipe or casing and contain surges in pressure up to 500 psi.
- Floating Drilling Units
Product Characteristics & Benefits
- Diverter support housing, overboard lines and associated valving are permanently installed on the rig structure.
- Diverter assembly is run and retrieved through the rotary table with the marine riser.
- Variable outlet sizes and orientations can accommodate virtually any rig design.
- Valves are external, allowing for rig design variation and valve/actuator preferences.
- High-capacity KFDS systems available for supporting the riser string from diverter housing in emergency hang-off situations.