The MSP 29-1/2", 500 PSI was developed in the 1960s and has proven itself time and time again. It is capable of being used as a diverter or as a 500-psi annular BOP and is an effective means of rerouting the flow of shallow, low-pressure gas. In addition:
- It affords complete control during drilling operation.
- Extending the use of this unit as a blowout preventer saves time.
- There are only two moving parts, the piston and packing unit, for less wear, less maintenance, and less downtime.
- Back-to-front feedable rubber on the packing unit permits confident closure of the BOP.
- The conical bowl design of the piston provides a simple and efficient method of closing the packing unit.
- Off-the-shelf deliveries permit minimal lead time.
- Spare parts are warehoused throughout the world.
|Bore Size (inches)||29-1/2||18-3/4|
|Working pressure (psi)||500||1,000|
|Shell Test Pressure (psi) (Factory Test Only)||800||1,500|
- Carbon steel, stainless steel, and Inconel® 625, are options for the ring grooves.
- SermaGuard coating on all internal surfaces.
- Packing units with nitrile and natural compounds are offered.