Hydril Pressure Control diverter systems are designed for strength and simplicity to help provide safe venting of shallow gas flows. Located below the telescopic joint, the GH Gas Handler adds capabilities to standard diverter systems. The GH is a specialized annular closing device installed as part of the riser string for deepwater drilling. It allows the operator to circulate out gas entrapped in the riser string without the requirement to vent mud and/or gas overboard. This product has quick response time, a low risk of malfunction and several other unique features and benefits that include:
- A 21" bore for easy passage of casing and wellbore tools.
- Available in both single and dual configurations.
- Economical, easy installation, recovery and maintenance; the GH installs as a standard riser joint.
- Adaptable for any rig or riser system.
- Enhances safety for personnel and the rig.