Hydril Pressure Control's MudLift and SlurryLift pump systems provide a solution when the ability to pump solids-laden fluid at high discharge pressure is required. Designed specifically for use in dual gradient drilling applications, the MudLift pump can control the annular pressure and handle all cuttings coming from the well during drilling operations.
Recognizing an opportunity in the subsea mining industry, the MudLift pump has been modified to achieve higher flowrates and accommodate larger solids. The SlurryLift pump solves the problem of how to transport solids-laden fluid from the seabed in water depths up to 10,000 ft. back to the surface, making the mining of the seabed technically and commercially feasible.
Key features of the Subsea Pump include:
- Discharge pressures to 6,600 psi which means it can operate in water depths up to 10,000 ft.
- Flowrates from 1,800 – 4,000 gpm for drilling and mining applications.
- Positive displacement technology provides high system efficiency and unsurpassed solids handling capability.
- Actuated valves used in the pump that guarantee positive shutoff in the presence of solids.
- Powered by seawater means the requirement for high power subsea power distribution is eliminated.
- Seawater power pumps are located on deck and available for easy maintenance.
|Description||Application 1||Application 2|
|Max Design Discharge Pressure||455 bar (6600 psi)||455 bar (6600 psi)|
|Max Design Water Depth||3048 m (10,000’ ft)||3048 m (10,000’ ft)|
|Max Flowrate||409 m3/hr (1800 gpm)||908 m3/hr (4000 gpm)|
|Max Particle Size||38 mm (1.5 in)||50 mm (2 in)|
|Pump Weight||113 tonne (250 kips)||136 tonne (300 kips)|
- Application 2 - Deepwater Mining