The tension ring is used to apply tension on the riser string.
The KT tension ring combines the functionality of a tension ring and the termination joint. It simplifies running and retrieving the marine riser by eliminating makeup/breakout of tensioner lines and hydraulic hoses in the moon pool area.
- Floating Drilling Unit
Product Characteristics & Benefits
- Choke, kill and auxiliary line terminations are
- permanently connected
- Orientation pins engage slots in the telescopic joint line termination housing for easy makeup
- Permanently installed tensioner lines maintain proper orientation with rig drilling tensioners
- Riser tensioner lines remain attached to the KT ring
- Thrust and radial bearings permit rotation of the vessel relative to the riser string
- Optional fluid bearings minimize breakout torque
- Auxiliary line pins have differential seal areas to ensure fail-safe engagement