The direct acting hydraulic cylinders used with the SDC tension ring are better suited for the more extreme depths in today's offshore drilling environment.
The SDC tension ring interfaces with the fluid assist bearing assembly attached to the outer barrel of the telescopic joint. The split design of the ring allows for fast attachment and release of the ring. The SDC ring has six direct acting hydraulic cylinders attached to the ring through a ball and socket assembly.
- Floating Drilling Unit
Product Characteristics & Benefits
- SDC rings utilize a ball-joint connection with direct-line cylinder tensioners
- Direct-line cylinders are permanently attached to the SDC ring for fast and safe attachment to the telescopic joint
- Hinged split-ring design opens and closes around the telescopic joint
- Designed to be opened and moved out of the way for storage while the tensioning cylinders remain attached
- Optional KT-style termination ring can be utilized with the SDC tension ring