The SDL tension ring attaches to the telescopic joint in a fast, safe method.
The SDL tension ring attaches to the telescopic joint and creates a connection between the tensioning system and the riser string. The SDL tension ring is designed so that the tension lines remain attached at all times. This makes the attachment of the SDL ring fast and safe.
- Floating Drilling Unit
Product Characteristics & Benefits
- Utilizes a gear-driven dog load interface with the telescopic joint
- Does not have a fluid bearing; it is integral with the telescopic joint
- Riser tensioner lines remain attached to the ring so riser tensioning lines are properly spaced at all times
- Pad eyes provide connection with the tensioner lines
- Locks and stores to a matching profile on the bottom of the diverter support housing for convenient and orderly storage
- Telescopic joint is run/pulled through the rotary table without disconnecting the tensioning lines from the ring
- Hydraulic piping for lockdown/storage dogs remains permanently connected